Argo Rollouts needs a Rollout resource to know what strategy to apply when rolling out a new version (canary or blue-green). When you are migrating a Deployment to a Rollout to change your deployment strategy, you can reference an existing Deployment since Argo Rollouts v1.0.0. When doing this operation, you should proceed as follows:
- Create a Rollout resource.
- Reference an existing Deployment using the
- Apply the new Rollout resource in your cluster.
- Scale-down the existing Deployment by changing the
replicasfield to zero.
- To perform future updates of your pod specs, the change should be made to the Pod template field of the Deployment.
Here is an example of a new Rollout manifest:
And the changes that should be brought to the existing Deployment: