This section of the documentation is designed for operators and site reliability engineers who are managing the deployment of Ambassador Edge Stack. Learn more below:
- Global Configuration: The Ambassador module is used to set system-wide configuration.
- Exposing Ambassador Edge Stack to the Internet: The
ListenerCRD defines which ports are exposed, including their protocols and security models. The
HostCRD defines how Ambassador Edge Stack manages TLS, domains, and such.
- Load Balancing: Ambassador Edge Stack supports a number of different load balancing strategies as well as different ways to configure service discovery
- Gzip Compression
- Deploying Ambassador Edge Stack: On Amazon Web Services | Google Cloud | general security and operational notes, including running multiple Ambassador Edge Stacks on a cluster
- TLS/SSL: Simultaneously Routing HTTP and HTTPS | HTTP -> HTTPS Redirection | Mutual TLS | TLS origination
- Statistics and Monitoring: Integrating with Prometheus, DataDog, and other monitoring systems
- Extending Ambassador Edge Stack Ambassador Edge Stack can be extended with custom plug-ins that connect via HTTP/gRPC interfaces. Custom Authentication | The External Auth protocol | Custom Logging | Rate Limiting | Distributed Tracing
- Troubleshooting: Diagnostics | Debugging
- Scaling Ambassador Edge Stack: Scaling Ambassador Edge Stack
- Ingress: Ambassador Edge Stack can function as an Ingress Controller
- Error Response Overrides: Ambassador Edge Stack can override 4xx and 5xx responses with custom response bodies