- Kubernetes Integration (architecture overview)
- Adding Tracing
- Upgrading Ambassador
- Statistics and Monitoring
- Need Help?
Unlike traditional API gateways, Ambassador has been designed to be managed by developers and frontline application engineers that are working within independent product (service) focused teams. This section of the documentation focuses on the core functionality of Ambassador for application developers.
Why Should Developers Use Ambassador?
The decentralized control plane and ability to locate configuration close to each team's Kubernetes service code enables rapid rollout of new APIs and features, and the ability for developers to manage the deployment, testing and monitoring in production.
In more detail, Ambassador supports developers in the following ways:
- Enables publishing a service publicly without a hand-off to operations
- Fine-grained control of routing, with support for regex-based routing, host routing, and more
- Support for gRPC and HTTP/2
- Testing in production
- Support for canarying and shadow traffic
- Transparent monitoring of L7 traffic to given services