K8s Annotations: The Key to Full Service Ownership
Summer of K8s: Run | Week 4 Learning Activities
Learn about the concept of full service ownership as a developer
Explore how the idea of "you build it, you run it" relates to incident management
Learn how to annotate your Kubernetes service with key metadata
Explore the value of a service catalog for viewing service metadata
Submit answers to weekly challenges by Friday at 5pm PDT to qualify for weekly prize drawings.
Read the following introductions to full service ownership and full lifecycle developers.
- Service Ownership Functions
- Full Cycle Developers at Netflix - Operate What You Build
Adding Service Metadata in K8s
- Read the following: Annotating Kubernetes Services for Humans
- Watch this video: Using a Service Catalog
- Follow the tutorial here: Quick Start
Once you've completed the reading, answer the following questions: