- Features and Benefits
- Using Ambassador Edge Stack in Your Organization
- Ambassador Edge Stack vs. Other Software
- Certified Builds
- Ambassador Edge Stack Architecture
- Ambassador Edge Stack Deployment Architecture
- Continuous Delivery, Declarative Config, and GitOps
- Microservices API Gateways
- Rate Limiting Concepts
- Self-Service Routing and Deployment Control
- Safely Testing in Production
- OAuth & OIDC Overview
- Why Ambassador Edge Stack Uses Envoy Proxy (External Link)
- Configuring Ambassador Edge Stack
- Mapping Services
- Canary Releases
- Circuit Breakers
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing
- Header-based routing
- Host Header
- Host CRD
- Prefix Regex
- Rate Limits
- Remove Request Headers
- Remove Response Headers
- Add Request Headers
- Add Response Headers
- Automatic Retries
- Routing TCP Connections
- Traffic Shadowing
- Developer Portal
- Filter Reference
- Statistics and Monitoring
If you're experiencing issues with the Ambassador Edge Stack, log in to your Edge Policy Console and choose from the left menu whether you want to:
- Debug issues from the Debugging tab
- Check the health status of your services from the Mappings tab
If Ambassador Edge Stack is not routing your services as you'd expect, your first step should be the Ambassador Edge Stack Diagnostics in the Edge Policy Console. Login to your Edge Policy Console and select the "Debugging" tab from the left menu.
Some of the most important information (your Ambassador Edge Stack version, how recently Ambassador Edge Stack's configuration was updated, and how recently Envoy last reported status to Ambassador Edge Stack) is right at the top. See Debugging for more information.
Ambassador Edge Stack displays the health of your services on the Dashboard of your Edge Policy Console. Health is computed as successful requests / total requests and expressed as a percentage. The total requests come from Envoy
upstream_rq_pending_total stat. Successful requests are calculated by substracting
upstream_rq_5xx from the total.
- Red is used when the success rate ranges from 0% - 70%.
- Yellow is used when the success rate ranges from 70% - 90%.
- Green is used when the success rate is > 90%.
If the diagnostics service does not provide sufficient information, Kubernetes and Envoy provide additional debugging information.
If Ambassador Edge Stack isn't working at all, start by looking at the data from the following:
kubectl describe pod <ambassador-pod>will give you a list of all events on the Ambassador Edge Stack pod
kubectl logs <ambassador-pod> ambassadorwill give you a log from Ambassador Edge Stack itself
If you need additional help, feel free to join our Slack channel with the above information (along with your Kubernetes manifest).
You can also increase the debug of Envoy through the button in the diagnostics panel. Turn on debug logging, issue a request, and capture the log output from the Ambassador Edge Stack pod using
kubectl logs as described above.