Install K8s and build containers Kubernetes (or K8s)
Kubernetes (or K8s) is an open-source platform for managing containerized workloads and services. Containers hold the entire runtime environment, that is, an application and all of its dependencies, libraries and configuration files. This makes them portable and predictable across different computing environments.
Cloud-native application development, containers and Kubernetes, while requiring a shift in mindset and developer experience, enable:
- Containerized workloads and increased automation
- The write-once, run-everywhere concept and the elimination of complex dependencies or incompatibilities in or across different systems
- Shared responsibility for managing deployments (operational activities become developer responsibilities)
- Easier deployment through fully automated rollouts and rollbacks with fine-grained observability and no downtime/minimal end-user disruption
- Faster feedback: Continuous code deployment and near-instant feedback