- Features and Benefits
- Using Ambassador Edge Stack in Your Organization
- Ambassador Edge Stack vs. Other Software
- Certified Builds
- Ambassador Edge Stack Architecture
- Ambassador Edge Stack Deployment Architecture
- Continuous Delivery, Declarative Config, and GitOps
- Microservices API Gateways
- Rate Limiting Concepts
- Self-Service Routing and Deployment Control
- Safely Testing in Production
- OAuth & OIDC Overview
- Why Ambassador Edge Stack Uses Envoy Proxy (External Link)
- Configuring Ambassador Edge Stack
- Mapping Services
- Canary Releases
- Circuit Breakers
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing
- Header-based routing
- Host Header
- Host CRD
- Prefix Regex
- Rate Limits
- Remove Request Headers
- Remove Response Headers
- Add Request Headers
- Add Response Headers
- Automatic Retries
- Routing TCP Connections
- Traffic Shadowing
- Developer Portal
- Filter Reference
- Statistics and Monitoring
If you need help deploying Ambassador at your organization, there are several different options available to you.
If you are running the Ambassador API Gateway or the Ambassador Edge Stack with free, community licenses, join our Slack channel to talk with other users in the community and get your questions answered.
If you can’t find an answer there, contact us to learn more about the support options available with Ambassador Edge Stack Enterprise.
With Ambassador Edge Stack Enterprise, you have access to deployment and production support. To learn more, contact sales.
Deployment and Update Support: The Ambassador Edge Stack can accelerate your migration to Kubernetes, or your upgrade between versions of Ambassador. Deployment support helps you with the Ambassador Edge Stack and Kubernetes migration, before you move to production.
Production Support: We offer two types of production support contracts for users deploying the Ambassador Edge Stack in production. We offer both business hour (8am - 5pm EST, M-F) and 24x7 Sev 1 support for the Ambassador Edge Stack. 24x7 Sev 1 support includes custom hotfix support for production outages if necessary.
If you see a bug you want to fix, see room for documentation improvements, or have something else you want to change, you can file an issue on github.
Contact us to learn how we can help, and for detailed pricing information.